COVID-19 STATUS UPDATE: March 31, 2023
At Focus Vision Optometry, we care about the safety and welfare of our patients.
We are actively following current CDC and California Department of Public Health guidelines for safer healthcare practices.
As of April 3, 2023, CADPH no longer requires masks for visitors in healthcare settings.
As a medical optometry practice, we are currently conducting essential, routine and preventative vision care, as well as emergency medical eye services.
Our Beaumont Sundance location is open for regular office hours at this time.
Our satellite offices in Calimesa, San Jacinto and Redlands Heights are open by appointment 3-4 days per week. Please call ahead.
We accept walk-in patients if we have available space, staffing and time in our clinic schedule, but please call us first to minimize risk of crowding in our spaces.
Our exam rooms accommodate one patient and one guest maximum, no exceptions. Please do not bring additional guests, to avoid crowding.
Routine eye exams are provided as well visits. If you are showing symptoms of upper respiratory infection, especially frequent coughing, please call us to reschedule. Telemedicine visits may be available for ocular emergency/urgent care conditions.
We are here to support you.
What are we doing to keep you safe at our office? We are taking important precautions.
- Staff education for best health/hygiene practices
- Frequent hand washing
- Increased cleaning of shared and/or high-touch surfaces in our work areas, optical department and back office medical areas
- Our staff are screened daily for any signs of cold/flu and have been advised to stay home if they feel sick.
- As always, we continue to practice regular sanitization of all patient-care medical equipment between each patient.
- We are fully compliant with CADPH/CDC face mask requirements for staff, doctors, and patients.
- We have multiple identified service points in each office so that we can safely maintain safe spacing in our facility.
- If we are at capacity, patients may be asked to wait outside or in their car.
- After you have checked in, you are welcome to wait outside of the office wherever you are most comfortable and we can text you when we are ready to start your visit.
- No-contact Optos digital retinal imaging is available as an important part of your examination to fully examine your retinas without face-to-face exposure.
- All optical frames are UV-sanitized before being placed back on display.
Phone orders are accepted by calling our general office phone number.
If you are a high-risk (well) patient, ask us about early morning appointments so that we can ensure you are first-in/first-out.
If you are sick and need urgent medical eye care, speak to our staff regarding available telemedicine doctor visits so that we may properly assist you.
Any patient that is experiencing symptoms including fever, body ache, cough, or shortness of breath is asked to reschedule their appointment to a later time.
As a healthcare practice, we are grateful and honored to serve our community during this time.
We hope you are doing well, and stay healthy.
If we can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call or email us. We are here for you.
HAVE AN UPCOMING APPOINTMENT?
How to prepare for your upcoming appointment
In order to properly protect the health and safety of our staff and our patients, please expect to adhere to the following precautions for your experience at our offices:
1. Please sanitize your hands and check in at the front desk when you arrive.
2. If the appointment is for an adult, please come in the office alone unless you need assistance for language or mobility. If the appointment is for a child, please come with only one adult responsible party. Do not bring additional guests.
3. When you are inside the office, please maintain 6 ft spacing from any patients who are not in your household.
4. Per public health orders, masks are no longer required in healthcare settings, effective April 3, 2023.
5. If you walk in without a call and we are at capacity, we may ask you to wait outside until there is space available.
6. If you develop any flu symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call us to reschedule.